AgroStar is India’s foremost AgTech start-up with a mission of #HelpingFarmersWin through right advisory and solutions, powered by data and technology. It was started with a vision to solve two of the biggest problems in Indian agriculture – lack of guidance for healthy and sustainable farming AND limited access to quality farm inputs for consistent and qualitative farming.
With technology at its core, we have built an innovative & sustainable ecosystem that includes products such as a customized enterprise sales solutions that maps data of farmers’ crop life cycles, India’s first online farmer community, online agri-advisory with online shopping for inputs and an incomparable logistics solution for last-mile rural connectivity.
We have procured and partnered with leading national and international brands for major agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection, and farm implements, that are needed for farming and we deliver them at the doorstep of farmers. Thus, our efforts at AgroStar are focused to become the driving force to equip our farmers with the power of knowledge to farm better and smarter, through technology and up to date expert advice.
The company is funded by prominent VCs like Chiratae Venture Partners, Aavishkaar Ventures, Bertelsmann and Accel Partners. AgroStar also takes pride to have Snapdeal’s Kunal Behl and Rohit Bansal as its early investors and mentors. AgroStar is the winner of Economic Times’ Best Startup Award 2016, under the ‘Social Enterprise’ category.
In The Media
Fortune | Economic Times | Agribusiness Global | Yourstory | Entrepreneur | Tech Crunch
We are a team of highly motivated individuals, who are willing to push beyond the ceiling, initiate new ideas and take challenges head-on. Apart from coffee, working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic work culture is what we passionate souls thrive on. We ride against the tide as time is never enough and there’s always more to do.
Our mission of ‘Helping Farmers Win’ is a tall task as we try to bring change and development to the grassroots of India. We need heroes who are dedicated to the mission, live the dream and drive it with passion. If that sounds like you, here’s more about the role:
- You will take ownership for user adoption & retention, working closely with the Product team
- You will curate, manage and champion your product roadmap with the Product Manager(s) and business stakeholders in support of corporate goals and objectives
- You will use user data and associate qualitative feedback, customer usage, and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities, enhancements & to make more informed product decisions
- Creating relevant workflows and solutions to solve key user pain points
- You will work with multiple functions (Growth, Content, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Agronomy, Technology, Data Science) to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment & improvement decisions and frequently traveling to build customer empathy and understanding
- You will help your team in research and discovery of new technologies and methodologies in ideating on product improvements
- You will also coordinate with third-party vendors to understand market dynamics and derive insights for product development
- You and your team will prioritize, design and implement projects and enhancements pertinent to the Product you will be working on
- Defining key success metrics for projects, initiatives, and running A/B tests to test different hypothesis
- A Bachelor’s / Masters or an equivalent degree, preferably in engineering and/or management
- 1+ years of software product management experience, having prior experience of working on a mobile-based product will be a plus
- Ability to understand people, willingness to travel
- Ability to work with people in varied roles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in explaining concepts or ideas via simple and intuitive drawings/charts/mockups
- Ability to track metrics, and make data-driven decisions