Specialization with Essential criteria Required :
- Agricultural related specialization (PreferablySoil Science, Agronomy, Agrometeorology, Entomology) with prior experience in development sector with knowledge of crop modelling tools is preferable. Well versed with MS office is essential.
- Good communication skills in English must.
- Knowledge of local language (Marathi & Hindi).
Job Description :
- Provide overall thematic leadership and guidance on agriculture and allied activities to different project teams
- Field visits to project implementation areas
- Involve and assist in implementation of agriculture related projects and monitoring of the same
- Providing active technical support to various agriculture and allied activities and responding to queries of the farmers/ project team being undertaken in different districts
- Assist in preparation of weather based advisories and POPs (Package of Practices) for different crops
- Assist in data collection and analysis of various agricultural Interventions studies
- Liaison with government functionaries, government departments,Universities and KVKs
- Technical support and guidance to staff, identified farmers, SHG groups, village development committees as and when required on production systems, crop insurance, crop advisory, micro-irrigation, animal husbandry and organic cultivation
- Preparation of crop calendar for all crops grown in the project villages covering all the season i.e. Kharif, Rabi and Zaid
- Support the conduct of trainings & development manuals
- Prepare presentations and reports, produce written outputs of the implementation work and research outcomes
- Document the best practices and maintaining data base
- Contribute to the research on agriculture component
- Perform any other team responsibilities / duties as assigned from time to timeArea of Work: Agriculture
State/RRC: Pune, Maharashtra
Experience Required : 4 – 7 Years
Desired Qualifications : M.Sc. & Ph.D.
- Address pune, maharashtra